Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I found my passport!! : )

It's been over 3 months since I lost my passport. I'd gone for a trip to UK and Amsterdam with my parents and grandmum in June. After that, my dad shifted houses in July. He was sure that he'd given me my passport after the trip. I was sure I didn't have it. At least I thought so, because he's generally the organized one and knows where everything is. So I flushed through my piles of folders and through different drawers and packets, looking for my passport. Obviously I couldn't look through it all. By the 20th of July it was declared that I'd lost it. I added it to my list of prayers on the 28th and chanted for it.
Off late my dad's been pushing me to go to the Police Station and file an F.I.R. so that I could apply for a new passport. Apparently it takes more than a year to get a new one. Somehow I haven't found the time to go to the Police Station. I have been chanting ever so often to find it. Yesterday, I went to the Police Station with a photocopy of my passport, my father was luckily able to dig up. At the Police Station, they said they needed certain proof of address. By the time I'd fetched and made these copies it was quite late. So I decided to do the needful the next day.
Later that evening, my father called to tell me he had found my passport. He had put it somewhere 'safe', to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shifting. : )

To see a few other peoples experiences: http://www.gakkaionline.net/Experiences/Pubs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment